Here are the pictures of my E-100 tank diorama, finally!
I added a german officer figure on the base. For the uniform, I got inspired by camouflage patterns used by the SS near the end of WWII. But I have chosen a more “sandy” colors, as I find it more interesting on this kind of terrain (soft earth tones). Since it is a paper tank after all, the uniform doesn’t need to be historically accurate.
I also added a touch of vegetation, with some branches, leaves and dried grass. The barren, all mud and earth base was not visually satisfying without plants, in my opinion.
So, it is 99.9999% done (I still have to put a bit of gloss varnish on the tail light).
Enjoy the pics!
I started playing Zombicide with friends about a year ago. It’s a really fun coop “board game”, with superb zombie miniatures. The temptation to paint them was too great (they’re zombie after all!), so here are the pics!
They are all painted “table top quality” level, with my standard routine:
- primer (Army Painter Necrotic Flesh) – here, the primer will also be the base flesh tone.
- various acrylic colours to simply block areas, no shading at all…
- a wash (Army Painter QuickShade Dark Tone).
- a matt varnish (Testor DullCote).
- When dried, I paint the small details (eyes, teeth, blood) and the base.
Voilà! They look very nice on the gaming board!
This is Phil. He’s not happy…
Runners! I painted all runner bases with a yellow stripes pattern: They are super easy to spot during the game!
Boomers! … ah, no: Fatties! These were the easiest to paint: large, single color areas, few details…
The Horde! The challenge was to have some variety in colours.
…is it me or they are getting closer?…
I didn’t find the time (and courage) to work on my various projects recently…
…but with the return of summer I will have more drive to get back to work.
Starting with my Moria Goblins by Game’s Workshop. Nothing fancy, they are tabletop quality: base colours followed a dipping, like my Mantic orcs.
I had some fun with the details on the bases (vegetation, plants, leaves, grass, etc).
They’ll look great on the game table: cool!
Nasty little guys!
…24 friends to be exact…
…yep: nasty Goblins!
An old piece today.
A diorama I made ages ago for a contest at a local gaming store (I won second place btw). Most of the temple is etched plaster covering a wood base.
For the sculpture on the wall, I pressed various figures on a clay sheet and poured plaster of Paris, then etched the brick patterns on it after it was dried. The columns are also made of plaster, poured in… cardboard toilet paper rolls. Yep.
The paint job is ok, but as for most of my older pieces, it consists mainly of layering and drybrushing.
It think the diorama should be viewed as a whole, telling a story: Mama dragon, protecting her eggs, wants to get a free meal from superstitious orcs, who are about to get attacked by a brave halfling thief and a (hopefully) powerful mage.
A jungle scene…
Some tension in this scene…
“Hum… free meal!”
“Wait… Something’s wrong…”
“If I can just find that wand now…”
“Just wait ’till the last moment: It will be more cinematic!”
“Now if that *&# mage could just find his stuff…”
I thought it would be nice to share some pics of a dragon mini I painted eons ago. It is an old dragon miniature, from Grenadier (same collection as my blue dragon in this other post). What is interesting here I think is the use of 2 unusual objects for the diorama: the base of an antique desk lamp and a glass globe, used for exterior porch lamps. The diorama of the dragon, complete with the tree and dead horse, was made on a small round piece of plastic, glued with epoxy to the metal lamp base. The glass globe is held in place with plumber putty, but It could have been “glued” with silicon or even epoxy. Overall it is quite an impressive piece and looks terrific in my office. I hope you enjoy it to.
Happy new year world!
I have been very quiet lately on my blog. Work, work work. But I have made some things in the past few weeks. And I will share all of it on this blog (lucky you!) 🙂
So the new year starts with… sci-fi crates. We are planing to test drive Savage Worlds RPG with an Aliens themed gaming session and I needed some props. To be honest, I didn’t but I always wanted to do some custom Aliens Colonial Marines stuff in 28mm.
Nothing fancy: plasticard + pieces from different scale models from my bitz box(es).
I am planning to cast these in resin, so stay tuned!
I am also working on Aliens eggs and face hugger…
Some photos of my completed Tomb Kings skeletons from Games Workshop.
I don’t like the cartoonish look of these minis, but I needed a lot of skeletons for the gaming table and I wanted something cheap: I paid 35 $CAN for 16 minis, which is good. I bought these a while ago, before Mantic Games made their line of skeletons available (damn!). I find Mantic Games skeletons more realistic and I definitely would have preferred them over GWs, but it’s ok: my current minis are just fine for gaming.