Just a quick update on my ISU-152 build.
I didn’t want to use the decals provided with the kit, so I hand painted the numbers and stripes with white paint. The red stars are decals though, taken from a KV-1 kit I have.
After the acrylic gloss varnish (Pledge Floor Finish, 3 coats), I proceeded with an artist oil paint wash (Burned Umber), followed by a few touches of faded browns, greens and yellows (oil paint again) to break the “monotony” of some areas. I then did a bit of dry brushing to enhance some edges (mix of chromium oxide green and yellow).
Next step will be “streaking” (dot filter technique) + chipping.
So far, so good 🙂
I didn’t find the time (and courage) to work on my various projects recently…
…but with the return of summer I will have more drive to get back to work.
Starting with my Moria Goblins by Game’s Workshop. Nothing fancy, they are tabletop quality: base colours followed a dipping, like my Mantic orcs.
I had some fun with the details on the bases (vegetation, plants, leaves, grass, etc).
They’ll look great on the game table: cool!
Nasty little guys!
…24 friends to be exact…
…yep: nasty Goblins!
Hi world! I’m sorry for the lack of posts recently: I’ll feed this blog soon with cool stuff… I have worked on many great projects recently.
First, let me introduce you to my dipped orcs friends. I have completed the painting and basing for 18 of these bad guys (just 16 on this photo as the 2 others were still drying).
Overall, I am very pleased with the result: they look great on the gaming table and didn’t take forever to paint.
I just completed the dwarf fighter miniature for one of my friend. I used the same technique that I used for my orcs: a “quick” plain color painting, without shading, followed by a dipping in Minwax Polyshade. Then Testor Dull coat to kill the shine of the wood varnish, followed by a little detail work (mainly hitting some edges and metal surfaces with a lighter tone to restore the highlights.
While at it, I dipped a prepainted Pathinder Troll miniature. I must say I’m quite impressed with the results: No post dipping work has been done on it yet and still it looks a lot better then it did straight from the box…
I tried to use the dipping technique to speed up the process of painting my 25 Mantic orcs.
Here is the result on 2 bad guys: