The chipping, oil filters and washes are completed on my E-50 Standardpanzer. I also made some mud for the tracks and wheels.
I still have to:
- Do some retouching on the paint in some areas.
- Install the skirts.
- Paint and install the jack.
- Correct a bit the “sag” effect in the tracks.
- Paint and install the night vision device on the cupola ( infra-red light ).
- Paint the lenses of the periscopes.
- Paint the rear light.
- Add some pigments and dust to the hull and turret.
- Add some sooth to the muzzle and exhaust.
- Add some grime / oil spill to the engine deck and the wheels / suspension.
- Craft an antenna.
- Make a small diorama for this beast.
- Get a glass of Rum and celebrate the new year.
Not done yet…
I think I’ll start with the Rum 🙂
I have been working recently on a very nice E-50 Standardpanzer tank from Trumpeter. The model was easy to build (not too many parts) and is nicely detailed. The only problem is I got it on discount because the box had been opened and the barrel, gun mantle and fixation was missing. I ordered an aluminum barrel on E-Bay, and I scratch builded the mantle and gun fixation.
Since this is a so-called “paper tank” that was never built and never saw actual service, this is a “what if” project. This gives me a lot of freedom, for the camouflage, accessories and diorama.
As for the camo, I decided to go with a polka-dot hard edge ambush pattern. I used a paler shade of dunkelgelb because I wanted more contrast than usual. For the brown, I used Tamiya Hull Red XF-9 as in late war camouflage, the rust proof primer was often lay bare and used as brown in camouflage patterns. The green is Tamiya J.A. Green XF-13.
I tried using the airbrush to paint the dots (with a mask) but it was really tedious. It was also very difficult to be precise on many areas, so I finally decided to hand-paint the dots.
I’m planning to put this beast on a diorama full of debris, a “what if” version of Berlin in 1946, if the war turned out differently than it did…