Just a quick update on my ISU-152 build.
I didn’t want to use the decals provided with the kit, so I hand painted the numbers and stripes with white paint. The red stars are decals though, taken from a KV-1 kit I have.
After the acrylic gloss varnish (Pledge Floor Finish, 3 coats), I proceeded with an artist oil paint wash (Burned Umber), followed by a few touches of faded browns, greens and yellows (oil paint again) to break the “monotony” of some areas. I then did a bit of dry brushing to enhance some edges (mix of chromium oxide green and yellow).
Next step will be “streaking” (dot filter technique) + chipping.
So far, so good 🙂