I did a bit of work on my KV-1 diorama. I have chosen a curvy, old-fashioned wooden base with a golden trim (now covered in green masking tape). I used Magic-Sculpt putty as a primary material for the ground work, in which I embedded some german army left overs and debris. Once the putty was hard, I brushed white glue on most of the base to add some sand, rocks, branches and grass (fibres). The next day, I painted the ground (and details) and dry brushed it. I still have some touches of color to add with washes and pigments.
A soviet soldier from Mini-Art will be placed on the ground near the tank, boots in the mud.
I also want to put a bit of snow on the ground and I am currently experimenting with different approaches to simulate snow and fresh (humid) mud/slush. More on that soon.
For now, enjoy the pics!