Hetzer diorama update 1
Not much this time. Just a quick update to show the progress on my Hetzer diorama. Enjoy the pics (and the comments)!
I used a piece of masonite to provide a straight surface for the tank tracks. I used hot glue to glue that to the plastic base.
I smoothed the edges and angles with epoxy putty (Magic-Sculpt).
Detail view of the rubbles in the back of the building. More rubbles to come, but it’s a start…
… I rubbed the putty so hard, that my nail cut trough the skin! Now my DNA is embedded in the putty for future archeologists to discover 🙂
When the putty was a little bit hard, I used my favorite rock to imprint irregular patterns (useful to hide the inevitable fingerprints also…)
With a wire brush, I gave some texture to the areas that were too flat. In the end, there will be so much rubble and dust all over the place that I am not sure this step is needed, but…
Quick test with the tank in place. Good. It is going the right way! 🙂